|Bransch:Controller||Sista ansökningsdag: 2018-01-31|
The Absolut Company is looking for an entrepreneur to join the Our/Vodka team as a Business Controller.
In 2011, Our/Vodka was started by six entrepreneurs in Stockholm, Sweden as a project under the umbrella of Pernod Ricard. Now, we currently have 5 micro-distilleries up and running as well as 3 in build-out phase, and are continuing to build our brand and business.
We are continuing to build the Our/Vodka brand and business. For the existing 5 cities, our partners focus is to scale up and accelerate the businesses. For the cities in the pipeline, the focus is to get them up and running as fast as possible, and overall, we need to use our resources carefully, directing them towards delivering a sustainable business for the long term. We need to keep our investors (Pernod Ricard) happy and at the same time speak the language of our entrepreneurial world. We are a small, agile and entrepreneurial team where the only thing that matters is to get things done. We have very few stakeholders, a small budget and a tight timeline.
The position we have open acting as CFO for the entity based in Stockholm, reporting into the Our/Vodka CEO and TAC Finance. (50-50)
What are we looking for?
“A Finance professional with a strong entrepreneurial spirit that is known for being a Pragmatic doer who knows the ins and outs of finance both in corporate environment and a start-up context, and who has a strong business acumen.” This person loves to use his/her finance and analytical skills to find ways to grow a small business in a smart, accurate and sustainable way. This person understands the differences between the small start-up world and the corporate world and masters how to bridge between the two.
Finance skills: A good understanding of the financial management of a start-up, and experience from a corporate environment. You must have a clear understanding of the business drivers and the financial accounting tasks so that both can be effectively delivered! With a strong analytical capability, you will be an effective communicator to bring insightful facts for a better-informed and decision-making process.
Pragmatic Doer: In a start-up, it is the end goal that matters. The job description does set out clearly your responsibilities, but it can never be used to shape boundaries. as a pragmatic doer, you will need to be involved where ever and whenever needed. This role is very similar to a CFO role in the sense that it covers a 360 scope of running a business. This means, being part of negotiating lease agreements, partner agreements, legal claims, as well as staff insurances, negotiating with suppliers, setting-up distribution deals, monitoring the local businesses, value chains, tracking sales, budgets and local P&Ls carefully. It also includes monitoring the constantly changing action plans adapted to latest needs. It also means you need to be self-directed, know what to prioritize, and troubleshoot the constant stream of things that gets in our way. It is a very “hands on” role and you must love “getting your hands dirty” with different challenges that you most likely have never encountered before. The perfect match for this role is known for being a person who finds solutions and always get things done in one way or another.
Business Acumen: This person loves to use his/her finance and analytical skills to find ways to grow a small business in a smart and sustainable way. In order to be effective this person must understand that the small start-up, entrepreneurial environment can be very different to the corporate world and must be capable of nurturing success in both environments.
We don’t get served with data or statistics, so this person needs to be able to shape and define data needs, deliver a strong analytical capability, and to work with our entrepreneurial partners to secure the data needed at the right quality. Analysis must be accurate, it must be action focused and challenging, it must provide early warning to possible future risks and illuminate what is working well and what is not. The beauty of a small business is that we can adapt quickly, as long as we are aware of what is driving our results.
• Prepare the Monthly closing reports and Monitor CAPEX
• Maintain up to date R12 business plan (fixed table of content)
• Prepare and review the monthly commercial tracker (fixed KPI’s)
• Ensure the reliability and integrity of the enterprise tool
• Manage relationship with our accountants and book keepers (Mazars), ensuring control quality and that reporting, management and local statutory deadlines are met, including filing of all taxes.
• Training of all staff on their control responsibilities and use of the enterprise tool.
• Maintain liquidity & associated treasury tasks
• Support for internal control process and implementation of agreed controls
• Oversight of sales and purchase ledgers and balance sheets of each city to ensure integrity of accounts, application of controls and correct provisions are in place
• Close involvement in ongoing commercial performance and development (margins, volumes, value-chain, investments, distributor deals etc) (Day-to-day business)
• Participation and contribution around business decisions (allocation & prioritization of resources (Strategic work/Bigger picture)
• Measuring impact of decisions and providing follow up on the outcome (Day-to day & Bigger picture)
• University finance/business degree with major in finance and accounting or similar
• 7-10 years of relevant work experience preferably in a startup environment and experience from a corporate organization
• Strong financial and analytical skills, general understanding of main IFRS accounting principles (P&L)
• Strong business acumen (to have a business savvy approach is essential in this role)
• Fluent in English, ideally used to working in an international environment
Due to the lovely Christmas holidays, the selection process and feedback to candidates will start on January 12th upwards. If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your understanding and engagement, Happy Holidays!
Du behöver ha ett konto på Careereye.se för att kunna bevaka jobb. Skapa ett konto på under en minut här.